Ending Loneliness Together envisions a world where everyone feels a sense of meaningful connection and belonging.
Our primary goal is to halve the prevalence of chronic loneliness in Australia by 2030.
To achieve this, we aim to drive and coordinate Australia’s response to combatting chronic loneliness.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Our work is led by the following overarching values:
- People with lived experience must be included in developing solutions for managing loneliness.
- A coordinated and collaborative approach to tackling loneliness is most effective.
- Evidence-based approaches are the most effective way of reducing chronic loneliness.
- Capacity and capability to create connectedness needs to be built in the community.
OUR STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS
To progress toward our vision and achieve our goals, we are guided by the following four strategic directions:
- Develop a strong evidence-base for the measurement of loneliness and the most effective solutions.
- Inform and equip the development of effective responses to loneliness and loneliness prevention.
- Influence government and relevant stakeholders.
- Raise public awareness and inspire action.