Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Ending Loneliness Together website.
This is the official website for Ending Loneliness Together and is owned and operated by Ending Loneliness Together Limited ABN 81 913 830 179 (Ending Loneliness Together) under the domain name endingloneliness.com.au (‘our Site’).
Through our Site, you may be able to do any of the following, among other things:
- view information about Ending Loneliness Together and its services;
- access information about loneliness and associated issues;
- purchase merchandise; and
- contact Ending Loneliness Together staff.
1. SITE CONTENTS
Our Site and its contents are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your personal and general information only.
We may update our Site and change its content at any time without notice to you. Although we aim to ensure the content on our Site is up to date, there may be delays, errors or omissions that could affect its accuracy or reliability. To the extent permitted by law (including Your Consumer Rights where applicable), we do not guarantee that our Site (including product descriptions and any content in it or linked from it) is accurate, complete, up-to-date or free from errors, omissions or unauthorised access.
You may not use our Site (including any content on it) for any marketing or commercial purpose unless you have first obtained our express written permission. You may not publish, reproduce, modify, transmit distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or communicate to the public for any purpose any of the content on this Site whether in hardcopy form, electronic form or any other form.
2. THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS
Our Site may contain content relating to third parties (including information, advertisements or comments) or links to other sites (Third Party Content). Third Party Content is provided for your convenience only and any views expressed by other users on our Site or third party sites do not represent our views or values.
We do not endorse and are not responsible for any representations, opinions, advice, statements, goods, services, offers, or other information or content associated with Third Party Content including content on third party sites.
We make no representations or warranties in relation to (or accept any responsibility for) Third Party Content including content on third party sites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use or reliance on Third Party Content.
3. YOUR USE OF OUR SITE
We have strict values which we wish to uphold on our Site which include no swearing, defaming of individuals or inflammatory commentary. We ask you to abide by the spirit of the values of the Ending Loneliness Together when using our Site.
You must not access or use our Site (including using or posting any content) in any way which:
- causes, or may cause, damage to our Site, alterations to our Site or impairment of the availability or accessibility of our Site;
- is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful or is connected with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- is or may be considered to be threatening, harassing, abusive, degrading, hateful, defamatory, intimidating, violent, obscene, indecent, pornographic, fraudulent, false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, an invasion of a person’s privacy or otherwise objectionable;
- involves the use of any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process to process, monitor, copy or extract any content on the Site without our prior written permission; or
- infringes any copyright, intellectual property rights, moral rights, confidentiality rights or other rights of any third party.
We can remove any post you make on our Site if we believe the post is unacceptable.
You must not do anything which violates or attempts to violate the security of our Site or otherwise misuses our Site including by knowingly introducing any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other material which is malicious or harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the Site.
You are responsible for all carrier, text/SMS, data, or other related fees or charges you incur from your carrier or other service provider in connection with, or related to your use of our Site.
4. POLICY REGARDING ONLINE DONATIONS
Our Site may include a facility for you to make a donation to us to support the work of ENDING LONELINESS TOGETHER and any of our activities undertaken by us or on our behalf. If you use our Site to make a donation to us, it is important that you complete all details as nominated on our Site (including your details, the method of payment of the donation and the amount of the donation) carefully to ensure that they are correct before clicking on the Donate Now, Submit or other labelled confirmation button on our Site.
Once you click on the Donate Now button on our Site, the donation will be processed, and you will be committed to making the donation. There are no refunds given if you change your mind after clicking on the Donate Now button on our Site.
Subject to any applicable laws or payment system terms, we are under no obligation to give a refund for a donation if an error has been made on your part, but we will endeavour to ensure that any genuine errors are rectified. Your request to consider a genuine error should be made in writing to ENDING LONELINESS TOGETHER within 60 days and can be sent by email to email@example.com
If we or a third party providing the online donation facility through our Site makes an error in respect of a donation made through our Site, resulting in an amount greater than the donation amount being paid to us, we will make a refund of the amount overcharged to you as soon as possible once we receive notification of the error, with all costs associated with rectification of the error to be borne by us.
5. FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES
Our Site contains links to information and materials for use in fundraising.
You must ensure, prior to commencing any fundraising activity, that the fundraising activity is appropriate, safe and conducted properly. If you are under 16, you must also have express permission from your parent or guardian.
We may direct you to cease using any ENDING LONELINESS TOGETHER names or trademarks in connection with your fundraising activity at any time if we consider, in our sole discretion, that the fundraising activity is unsuitable, inappropriate or unsafe.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- ENDING LONELINESS TOGETHER and its directors, employees, agents and contractors are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to our Site, to any material on linked websites, or to your access or use of our Site or any products or services made available by ENDING LONELINESS TOGETHER, however caused, whether under statute, in contract or in tort, including for negligence, or otherwise.
- you indemnify us in respect of any liability, loss, damage, cost or expense suffered or incurred arising from or in connection with your breach of this clause 5.
Where the fundraising activity involves a physical activity or fitness event, you further acknowledge and agree that:
- you are able to safely perform the fundraising activity including being physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in and complete the fundraising activity; and
- you are responsible for the safety of any third party or property involved in, or impacted by, the fundraising activity.
6. ONLINE PURCHASES
You may use our Site to purchase merchandise and other products.
References to currency on our Site are in Australian dollars unless otherwise specified.
We may, at our sole discretion, limit the quantity of items purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may be applicable to orders placed by the same account and also to orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. We will notify you if we apply this limit to you.
We can only ship to Australian addresses at this time.
If you wish to check the cost of shipping and handling before you buy, please click on estimate shipping costs within the cart. All shipping and handling costs are inclusive of GST. We may offer free shipping promotions from time to time.
If some items in your order are not yet in stock, the whole order will be held back until all items are available, as we cannot manage partial shipments. If the out of stock item will not be replenished then a customer service representative from product fulfilment provider will call you to advise and ENDING LONELINESS TOGETHER will credit you with this component of your order.
For more details about shipping, please see our Shipping & Returns page. That page includes information about estimated delivery times, order tracking and what to do if no one is present when delivery is attempted.
IMPORTANT: What to do if no-one is present when delivery is attempted:
For local delivery (Sydney) – If you are not at the delivery address to accept the shipment, a calling card will be left. You can then either:
- Call your Star-track courier service as per the calling card (Mon-Fri business hours) to re-arrange re-delivery; OR
- Collect your parcel the next business day from your local Post Office. Please ensure you take photo ID. Please collect your parcel or respond within five working days, as the parcel will be returned to the sender if it remains uncollected.
For national delivery (i.e. outside of Sydney) – If no one is present when they attempt delivery, the courier company will either leave your consignment in a safe place (authorised to leave without signature) or the courier will leave a calling card and make the consignment available for collection from a nearby Star-track or Australia Post retail outlet.
7. OUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOU
We acknowledge that, in some circumstances, you may have rights under laws which cannot be excluded, modified or restricted. For example, where applicable, your rights under the Australian Consumer Law include the rights for goods to match their advertised descriptions and services to be fit for their specified purpose and be provided with care and skill. You can find out more about these rights from consumer organisations and bodies such as the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and fair trading authorities in Australian states and territories. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions (including this section) excludes, modifies or restricts these rights.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site, any content on it or linked from it including Third Party Content, whether express or implied.
Your use of our Site is entirely at your own risk. In particular we exclude to the extent permitted by law, any liability to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise) arising under or in connection with:
- your use of, or inability to use our Site;
- your use of or reliance on any content displayed on or linked from our Site;
- any losses resulting from a security failure or computer viruses; or
- any loss of profits, sales, business opportunity, goodwill, reputation, anticipated savings, data, opportunities or revenue, business interruption or any indirect, special or consequential loss resulting from your use of, or inability to use, our Site or its content.
- Where any law implies a warranty which may not lawfully be excluded, our liability for any breach of that warranty will be limited (to the extent permitted by law, and at our election) to either re-supplying the affected service, goods or content to you or refunding any amounts you have paid us for it.
We recommend that you obtain and maintain up-to-date virus, security and intrusion prevention and scanning software for each device you use to access our Site.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in or attaching to our Site and in the material published on it by us.
Your use of our Site does not grant you any right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of our, or a third party’s, intellectual property or trademarks.
9. ACCESS TO OUR SITE
We do not guarantee that our Site will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw, discontinue or change all or part of our Site without notice.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of our Site at any time at our discretion without notice.
If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
The below outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways, including: interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.endingloneliness.com.au and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Ending Loneliness Together will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
13. MEMBERSHIP PAYMENT TERMS
Membership payment is due following completion of your membership application once your application has been approved by the Ending Loneliness Together board. An email will be sent to alert you of membership confirmation prior to payment being collected.
You will receive an email confirmation that payment has been received and your membership is now active.
13. MEMBERSHIP REFUND/DISPUTES POLICY
If you wish to cancel your membership before it is completed, or if you are not happy with a service provided by Ending Loneliness Together after it is completed, you may be eligible to receive a full refund.
Membership cancellations and requests for refunds received within 14 days of receipt of membership payment or service delivery may be eligible to receive a full refund. Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
Cancellations will be accepted via phone or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline. In addition:
- All refund requests must be made by the member or credit card holder.
- Refund requests must include the name of the member and/or transaction number.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
- All benefits and incentives received by the participant must be cancelled/returned to Ending Loneliness Together.
- Full refunds will be offered for services with major faults/defects as per Australian Consumer Law.
The above policies apply to all Ending Loneliness Together memberships unless otherwise noted.
ABN 34 878 289 140
Terms and Conditions Enquiries
Thank you for visiting our Site. If you have any queries about our Terms and Conditions, please contact us at:
Phone: (61 2) 9339 6001